Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Holidays!

A couple members of the Girls Advisory Council share their experiences with GAC and API this past year, and what they look forward to in the coming year:


2012 has been an eventful year for GAC. This past year, we had many great opportunities to meet and interact with important and influential people. For example, I interviewed and introduced feminist activist leader Eleanor Smeal at the Equality Awards in April. Inspiring leaders like her are people I hope to continue to meet and learn from in the coming year. Because of everything I've done with GAC, I've learned a lot more of what it mean to be a leader and I've been able to apply that to many areas of my life.

--Sarah Hojsak


I joined GAC this year because I wanted to get a new experience and be more involved. Also because I wanted to learn more about Alice Paul because she is so inspirational and interesting! Thanks to GAC I learned that I can accomplish anything I really want. Alice Paul taught me to standup for what I believe in and that I can make a difference. In 2013 I hope to accomplish keeping my grades up. 

--Christina DeSalvo


The Girls Advisory Council helped out with API's Holiday Open House earlier this month by baking cookies:






Happy Holidays from the Girls Advisory Council!

No comments:

Post a Comment